We offer Certified and Factory Trained Solutions (including R Stamp Certifications)
Continuing Education is a Must for our Technicians
Our technicians are all experienced, certified, and factory trained. We provide and require all of our technicians to receive on-going factory training and continuing education, so they keep up their certifications, as well as stay informed on new equipment, processes and changing needs of our clients.
CPS is licensed and certified:
- HVAC Master License – HM03694
- Boiler Master License – KY1048
- R Stamp Certification – R-9692
We are one of the few Commercial HVAC companies in Kentucky that offer R Stamp certification.
What is R Stamp certification? The R Certificate, also referred to as an R Stamp because of the actual stamp that symbolizes the certification, means service technicians have demonstrated they can safely repair pressure vessels including boilers that operate above 15 p.s.i.g. It’s currently required to be R Stamp certified to make any repairs to the tube sheet or pressure vessels, as welding is required to repair or replace the metal.
“The National Board offers the Certificate of Authorization and R symbol stamp for the repair and/or alteration of boilers, pressure vessels, and other pressure-retaining items. Requirements are described in NB-415, Accreditation of R Repair Organizations.” – National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors.
In Kentucky, the laws require that only an R Stamp Certified inspector is certified to weld on a Commercial Boiler pressure vessel, which is why we ensure our commercial boiler technicians are all R Stamp certified. With our R Stamp Certifications, we are authorized to work on various pressure vessels including air storage tanks, commercial boilers, heat exchangers, autoclaves and process vessels. A pressure vessel is any container designed to hold gases or liquids at a pressure substantially different from the ambient pressure.
We Provide One-Stop Shop Solutions to your Commercial or Industrial Processes
We install, service and maintain various commercial and industrial equipment of all brands and makes, including:
- Cooling Towers
- Rooftop Units / Packaged Heating & Air Units
- Geothermal Units
- Variant refrigerant flow (VRF or VRV)
- Variable air volume (VAV)
- Compressors and Pumps
- HVAC/R Controls
- HVAC UV Lights & Air Scrubbers
- Dehumidification Units
- Make-Up Air Units
- Industrial Refrigeration
- And other HVAC Equipment including: Burners & Ovens, Coil Replacement, Fans, Plumbing, Filter Change Service, Tube & Vessel Repair & Piping
CASE STUDY: We recently provided repair and maintenance on a Hydronics Cooler Pump for a large, industrial manufacturer in Kentucky. In hydronic cooling, water is chilled by a chiller, dry cooler, or cooling tower and circulated via pump through the system into heat exchanger units (air handlers or fan coils) and then back to the chiller.
For the Hydronics Cooling system, the technicians at Comfort and Process Solutions provided pump alignment, balancing of the blower wheel and sub-blower wheel, as well as inspected the pump, blower, and air handlers, and provided pulley alignment utilizing an HVAC laser tool.
We Provide 24 hour, 7 days a week Emergency Service Solutions
Our skilled team of equipment and controls technicians are on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for all of your HVAC needs.
Since our start in 1999, our mission has been to provide industrial and commercial HVAC service to Kentucky, with an improved focus on customer service, an expanded team of certified, factory trained team and a renewed commitment to keep your business up and running 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Many of our clients in Kentucky include schools, universities, hospitals, prison systems, long-term care facilities, government buildings and industrial manufacturing plants. Since their businesses are up and running 24 hours a day, seven days a week, we are too. Our 24-hour HVAC emergency service includes troubleshooting and system analysis, installation and retrofit, design and build, repair and service, controls and remote monitoring, equipment replacement, preventative maintenance on all HVAC equipment.
For example, commercial boilers play a key role in creating comfortable spaces as well as industrial processes. A boiler breakdown is a nightmare for any commercial organization or building operations manager, regardless of the time of day or night.
That is why our Comfort & Process Solutions team is available and on-call 24/7, every day of the year to provide emergency boiler repair services for commercial properties – but prevention is better than a cure. The single most effective way of reducing your risks of a boiler emergency is through annual or bi-annual preventative maintenance. And as one of the few R Stamp Certified commercial HVAC companies in Kentucky, we can troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair any boiler issues or cracks.
We provide Innovative Solutions for Our Customers’ Needs
For more than twenty years, we have been providing controls installation, setup and monitoring for client’s commercial businesses. Controls provide an integrated system of hardware, technology and programming to automate the functionality of the company’s buildings, factories and offices. Control technology integrates every aspect of the building from the security systems, locks, lighting, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), refrigeration (HVACR), energy management, and fire protection. (For more information on our Controls services.)
As technology continues to improve and integrate into our commercial systems, Comfort & Process Solutions strives to be on the cutting edge of new equipment, brands and software with innovative and vetted solutions. For example, recently we have installed several of the new Halo Sensor controls into several Kentucky Schools.
What is the HALO Smart Sensor? The HALO Smart Sensor (HALO), built by IPVideo Corporation, is a real-time vape detector and security device that helps to detect potentially critical events in privacy concern areas that involve environmental changes, air quality changes (by particulate matter), and abnormal noise levels. The HALO Sensor provides the following services for schools and universities:
- Cuts down on smoking and vaping: With real-time alerts being sent to school officials, you can easily identify when and where students are smoking or vaping. Thus, the school staff can be proactive, rather than just reactive. The HALO Smart Sensor now also detects THC, allowing for even more precise policy enforcement.
- Cuts down on bullying and other disturbances: With the HALO Smart Sensor, you can now detect loud sounds like yelling and other loud noises, alerting the faculty to receive text messages where and when the disturbance is taking place, whether in bathrooms, stairwells and hallways. In conjunction with security cameras, this can be used to identify students engaging in vandalism, bullying, or other disruptive activities.
- Detect Unseen Hazards: The HALO Sensor can also detect chemical spills, for example in science labs or custodial closets. It can also monitor temperature, humidity and moisture levels to prevent mold or illness in the class or cafeterias.
Contact Comfort & Process Solutions for a quote and more information about our new HALO Sensor controls system.
We keep your Systems Running with our Thorough Preventative Maintenance in Spring & Fall
It’s Time for Spring Maintenance for your HVAC System
While it may seem premature to talk about preparing our chillers and air conditioning units for the upcoming Spring and Summer season, this is actually the perfect time to schedule your Spring Preventative Maintenance with Comfort & Process Solutions.
It’s imperative to check systems that have been either dormant or shut down for the winter season. So before they are needed and are switched back on, we can make sure your system is ready for the heat and heat- based processes for the upcoming season.
Why is February the best time to schedule your Spring PM? By scheduling a PM now, we can avoid a total system shut down and prevent downtime of production, as well as temporary discomfort for your staff, customers, student body and patients. And if replacement of parts are needed, which can take up to several weeks to order, it would be best to determine that now so we can get your system working efficiently in time for the season.
Here is an example of our typical Springtime PM checklist:
- Tune up of the Cooling Towers
- Rodding out the Chiller Barrel
- Cleaning, greasing and replacing belts
- Inspect and clean steam traps
- Inspect backflow preventer
- Inspect coils on rooftop equipment for grime, buildup or cracks
- Inspect drift eliminators for proper positioning and scale build
- Physically clean the screen of all debris.
- Check for excessive vibration in motors, fans, and pumps.
- Check for loose fill, connections, leaks, rust, corrosion, etc.
- Check all belts, pulleys, nozzles and bearings – clean and adjust as needed.
- For an open cooling tower, test the water for proper concentrations of dissolved solids and chemistry.
- Inspect fan blades for any cracks, erosion or buildup of debris.
- Check gears, strains and bottom for corrosion, rust or buildup.
- Inspect and address any issues with the electrical system, including contacts, and motors
- Check levels of refrigerant and supplement if needed.
- Replace filters and drain pan